Saturday, January 4, 2014

Two down, one to go!!

After that last flight - which was 9 hours, NOT 7 - and with the impending 7 hour flight to Mumbai in just about half an hour, I'm starting to feel like my head isn't quite connected to my body. My internal clock is also quietly cursing in the corner. Although that last flight was very nice (free unlimited movies, pillows and blankets provided, and both dinner AND breakfast) it was rather bizarre to be served breakfast at 12:45 Missoula-time because it was actually 8:45am local time. Like I've told my family, thoughts and prayers to the students I'll be teaching when the jet lag finally hits!

So this next flight is 7 hours from Frankfurt to Mumbai, India. From there, Mariah and I have arranged for a taxi and hotel room to try and get adjusted to the time. We stay there until Monday morning, before heading back to the airport to board yet another plane, and fly to Madurai, a town at the southern tip of India. The next, and final leg of our journey takes us up the winding side of a mountain. For 3 hours Mariah and I will attempt to keep it together as our taxi driver rounds blind corners, climbing about 7000 feet in the process....prayers here too! If we can successfully do all this, we are rewarded with the experience of a lifetime, student teaching at the Kodaikanal International School until the beginning of May.

1 comment:

  1. Did I forget to mention it was 9 hours? Hmmm, just have slipped my mind! Glad y'all had a good fight. They do (usually) treat you well on international flights.

    ReplyDelete