Sunday, January 12, 2014

Stay Tuned!

I promise a blog post, and hopefully pictures, are on their way within the next day. We still don't have internet at the house, so I'll write it up tonight, and then upload it all tomorrow. Tomorrow is the first real day of school. This means that the 16 official weeks of my student teaching starts tomorrow.

Today, Mariah and I fought off the hoards of tourists that have come up from the plains (we found out that it's some sort of holiday this next week, so that's why it's been annoyingly hectic) and took a stroll around the lake. Definitely a lot of staring and calling out to us on our walk (which is about 5km), but we kept our heads down and carried on. It actually ended quite nicely with both of us buying these very big, very soft blankets from the Tibetan market that is set-up around that lake. Now maybe we won't freeze in our house!

Today was a better day than yesterday. I think the culture shock is really starting to take it's toll.... more on that tomorrow. What you should all know right now, is that church today was SO GOOD!, I have a giant new blanket to snuggle with, and a meeting with my university supervisor tomorrow to set up a schedule for the rest of my time here. Today has been good. Now I'm off to dinner. I miss you all, and I promise a more in-depth post by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment